Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Monte and Lisa come to Sweden!

Monte and Lisa enjoy the Stockholm island cruise on the Cinderella I.
The classic photo on the Mission Office porch steps.

On the top at the Katarina Hiss shows the Stockholm skyline in the background.



Svartensgatan 3 where the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints made big advances in Missionary work. Elder Johnson served his mission out of this building, as well as Grandpa Clarence when he was Mission President. Great memories!


Walking the grounds of Gripsholm Castle in the rain. The beauty was worth the effort.

We were so happy that Monte & Lisa and her parents could spend a 36 hour stay with us in Stockholm. They were impressed with the beauty of the countryside, Stockholm harbor, Svartensgatan 3 (old LDS Mission Home and chapel), Gamla Stan, and a evening cruise through the islands. We loved having them. The stay was way too short, but will have many great memories to share. We walked in the rain, saw a castle and took them to the VASA museum. The food on the cruise gave them a taste of Swedish cuisine. We miss them.

3 comments:

Rebecca Fuller said...

Cooooooool! You guys are so lucky! We're glad you made it over to see the missionaries! Have a fun time seeing it all!

Anonymous said...

We miss you too. I wish Jeremy and I could make it over there!

David said...

I wrote lots of letters to Svartensgaten 3, Stockholm, Sweden. It was when I was 3 or something! I remember it well. I would enjoy more pictures of that area when you have a minute!Ü